Assignment 3: Web 2.0 Thoughts

Wow! we are living in a totally new age world. reading about web 2.0 was fascinating and really got me excited for this class (not like i wasn’t before!) and the future of the web in general. I found the article written by Brian Alexander and Alan Levine most intriguing and overall fun to read. i think they described it best in their introduction. the traditional story goes from point A to B to C. ya know, a beginning, middle and end. it’s like a formula that all stories follow. a basic guideline. but with todays technology and the rising popularity of blogging as well as other web-media and other forms of social networking via the internet, the game is changing. the “story” as we know it may become a thing of the past very soon. with blogging now stories can be left open-ended or finished by someone else or discussed amongst millions of people through the convenience of the internet. stories can now be a cumulation of many peoples ideas. the thought is exciting! but at the same time i think about when my mother or grandparents would read me and my sister a story from an actual book, then i picture myself as a grandparent reading my grandkids some blog-story on the internet off of a laptop or some other futuristic device that would be impossible for me to even imagine at this point in time and i feel like it kinda loses some of it’s warmth. but with the future comes change and i will do my best to embrace those changes with an open mind!

Tags: ,

No Responses to “Assignment 3: Web 2.0 Thoughts”

1. Sofia Ahmad says:

The idea of reading from online or whatever device is developed in the future, does take away from the warmth, I do agree with you on that. But, I think that when those devices are the only thing around us, we will get used to it and especially the generations after us will find that normal, and create their own warmth in that.